取消
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
rmartin1
New Member - Level 1

Custom Fields: Is it OK to have duplicate item codes for List Items?

Hello Community,

I am setting up Concur Expense and I am entering in Custom Fields with List Items. I have 3 custom fields for Department, Program, and Project. Each of them will have List Items unique to that field. I am using the import data function. Are there any negative impacts if I have duplicate item codes? See examples below. I am concerned because I am using NetSuite (our integration is still pending). I am using the Internal ID (NetSuite field) as my Item Code. The internal ID is unique to that specific custom field and is not considered a duplicate in NetSuite. Is this going to cause any issues?

Department ItemCode
Department 1 101
Department 2 102
Department 3 103
Program ItemCode
Program 1 101
Program 2 102
Program 3 103
Project Item Code
Project 1 101
Project 2 102
Project 3 103

1 REPLY1
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi@rmartin1

If the combination of Custom Field Number and Item Code is unique (as it looks from your example) then I wouldn't expect Concur to have an issue with it.

We have the same Item Code appearing multiple times in our company hierarchy, at the same level, without issue. E.g.

Our hierarchy is Entity -> Business Unit -> Cost Centre and the same Cost Centre and Business Unit can appear under multiple Entities

My Settings." disabled class="lia-form-type-text lia-inline-topic-not-allowed" aria-label="Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you registered. If you did not receive an email from us, or need us to resend it, please visit My Settings."> verify your email address." disabled class="lia-form-type-text lia-inline-topic-not-allowed-mobile" aria-label="Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you must first verify your email address.">